Getting tired of your current earbuds? There are big savings at many retailers, making this the ideal time to make an upgrade.
If you buy something from a Verge link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.
Whether you’re shopping for yourself or trying to come through with an amazing gift for someone else, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are great opportunities to pick up the latest wireless earbuds and headphones. Some of this year’s best models from Apple, Samsung, Sony, Bose, Beats, and others have now been on the market for a few months and seeing their first big discounts. Meanwhile, old favorites are hitting all-time lows.
You can expect most of the deals to continue through Cyber Monday; we’ll be keeping an eye on this list and updating it with notable new discounts as they pop up.
The best AirPods deals during Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Apple’s new AirPods Pro (second-gen) are $50 off at Best Buy, Target, and Amazon, putting them at just $199.99. They look the same as the originals, but sound quality has improved significantly. Noise cancellation is also stronger, and the latest AirPods Pro add a handy swipe gesture to adjust volume. Read our review.
- The luxurious AirPods Max are also around $50 cheaper than normal at Best Buy, Target (in-store only), and Amazon. With a premium design, comfortable mesh ear pads, and powerful noise cancellation that rivals Sony and Bose, the AirPods Max also deliver where it counts: the sound quality is sublime. Read our review.
- If both of those are more than you’re looking to spend, the second-gen AirPods (with the standard Lightning charging case) can be yours for a dollar shy of $80 at Walmart. You get the same ease of use, dependable performance, and exclusive Apple ecosystem features as other AirPods without breaking the bank. Read our review.
Headphones and earbuds under $100 on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- The Galaxy Buds 2 from Samsung have dropped to around $90 over at Best Buy and Amazon in either black or purple. These compact, discreet buds offer good sound, a lightweight design, wireless charging, and up to five hours of continuous playback when using active noise cancellation (or 7.5 with it off). Read our review.
Samsung’s Galaxy Buds 2 have a stylish, low-profile design, and the earbuds are incredibly comfortable to wear even for long amounts of time. The earbuds feature active noise cancellation, pleasing sound quality, and wireless charging.
- Samsung’s quirkier, bean-shaped Galaxy Buds Live are only $69 or so in select colors at Best Buy and Walmart, an $80 discount off their usual $149.99 price. (Some colors are only $10 extra.) If you own multiple Samsung gadgets but don’t like how silicone tips feel in your ears, the open-style Buds Live get you many of the same features and ecosystem benefits as the Galaxy Buds and Buds 2 Pro. Read our review.
- Google’s entry-level Pixel Buds A-Series are on sale for as low as $64 from the Google Store, Amazon, and Best Buy. Read our review.
- Sony’s WF-C500 are a comfortable, no-nonsense pair of true wireless earbuds that nail the basics with reliable performance and decent sound quality. And you can get them for only $58 at Best Buy, Target, and Amazon during the holiday sale. Read our review.
- The Jabra Elite 3 earbuds also stick to the fundamentals and provide a snug fit, intuitive button controls, and good sound for the price. You can get them for $49.99 at Best Buy, and Amazon, which is a $30 discount off their normal price. Read our review.
- Amazon and Best Buy also have one of our favorite pairs of fitness buds, the Jabra Elite 7 Active (normally $179.99), on sale for a penny under $100. These earbuds have a special coating that helps keep them planted in your ears during intense workouts.
Jabra’s Elite 7 Active earbuds have a special outer coating that helps them remain in your ears even during vigorous exercise — without the help of wing tips or fins that some people find uncomfortable. They also support multipoint connectivity, so you can connect them to two devices at the same time.
- Anker’s Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro earbuds have a dual-driver design that delivers terrific audio quality, and they come with a wide mix of ear tips and fins for a stable fit. Right now, Amazon has Soundcore’s flagship buds (normally $169.99) on sale for $84.99. Read our review.
The best headphones and earbuds on sale during Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2022
- Bose’s QuietComfort 45 noise-canceling headphones are a godsend when flying anywhere, commuting on the morning train, or even if you just want some uninterrupted focus time at the office. They’re also maybe the most comfortable wireless headphones you’ll find. They’ve dropped to $249 at several stores — including Best Buy, Target, and Amazon —which is $80 off their usual asking price. Read our review.
- Sony’s top-of-the-line WF-1000XM4 earbuds can be had for $178 at Amazon, Target, and Best Buy, a significant drop from their standard $279.99 MSRP. With powerful sound, strong noise cancellation, and many features, these remain one of the best overall picks on the market right now. And in the coming weeks, Sony’s flagship earbuds will be updated to support multipoint. Read our review.
- The smaller, lighter Sony LinkBuds S don’t have ANC that’s quite as strong, but they’re among the most comfortable sets of earbuds you can buy. And they’ve already received the multipoint update that 1000XM4 owners are still waiting for. They’re currently on sale at Best Buy, Target, and Amazon for around $128 ($72 off). Read our review.
- If you make a lot of calls with your earbuds and like having some awareness of what’s happening around you, the unconventional LinkBuds — which feature a hole cut right into the middle — rank as one of the best sets of earbuds in terms of voice quality. They’re discounted to around $128 at Best Buy, Target, and Amazon during Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Read our review.
- Google’s Pixel Buds Pro are $50 off at multiple retailers — including Best Buy, Walmart and Amazon — bringing them down to $149.99. And they’re down to $142.50 at Wellbots. These should be the go-to choice for anyone with a Pixel phone. Read our review.
- The retro-style Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless headphones are on sale for $199.98 — serious savings over their normal $399 price. A newer model was released this year, but some people might prefer the looks of this third-generation pair of noise-canceling headphones. And the sound quality from these cans ranks up there with the best wireless headphones. Read our review.