This is it, Black Friday. Best Buy is offering its best deals of the year, much like it has been for the past several weeks. But now that Thanksgiving is wrapped up, we took a spin through Best Buy’s catalog to see what else it might have added to the sale. You’ll find its best online and in-store deals below on video games, 4K TVs, headphones, smartwatches, and so much more. We’ll keep this page updated throughout the weekend, as well as during Cyber Week.
A few important things to note from Best Buy’s frequently asked questions page: it isn’t offering rain checks on Black Friday deals that sell out, though its great price-matching policy won’t be in effect from now through Cyber Monday, which is November 28th. For items purchased between now and the end of the year, you have until January 14th to return them for a refund, which is great. And finally, you can request a price match on an item you purchased at any point within that return window if you notice Best Buy lowers its list price.
The best Black Friday deals at Best Buy
- So far, nothing has dethroned LG’s 48-inch A2 OLED TV as Best Buy’s best Black Friday deal. It’s an affordable way to dip your toe into the wonderfully vibrant world of OLED displays, and you can get this model for $569.99 ($730 off the normal price). You’ll get a fantastic picture with the A2, though it’s not the ideal OLED for most gamers. Unlike the pricier C2, the A2 lacks LG’s brighter Evo-branded panel, and its refresh rate is capped at 60Hz.
- For those who want a slightly bigger budget-focused TV that doesn’t leave stellar picture quality behind, check out TCL’s 55-inch 6-Series. It may not have the per-pixel control that makes an OLED such a treat to gaze upon, but its Mini LED backlights allow for surprisingly rich brightness and contrast for its $599.99 price. It has Google TV built in, so it’s like using a Google Chromecast without having to buy additional hardware. And for gamers, its HDMI 2.1 ports can allow 4K gaming at up to 120Hz refresh rate. Read our review.
- If you’re looking for deals on Sonos home or portable audio gear, Best Buy is matching Sonos’ deals on several products, including its Arc and Beam soundbars, the Sub subwoofer, as well as the Roam Bluetooth and Wi-Fi-ready speaker.
- Best Buy has the lavender color scheme of Samsung’s Galaxy Buds 2 wireless earbuds for $89.99, down from $120. My colleague Chris Welch said in his review that these are so good that more people should just get this model instead of paying more for the Galaxy Buds Pro. Read our review. Other colors are $99.99.
Verge Deals on Twitter /
Join over 50,000 followers and keep up with the best daily tech deals with @vergedeals
- Several Nintendo Switch games, including Animal Crossing: New Horizons, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and more, are $20 off in physical or digital format at Best Buy.
- So long as you don’t mind getting a last-generation product, the Microsoft Surface Pro 8 with 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage, and an 11th-Gen Intel Core i7 processor costs $899.99, and it comes with a black Type Cover. This bundle normally costs $1,349.99. There might be a slight performance difference between this and the newer Surface Pro 9 we just reviewed, but the Surface Pro 8 has plenty of redeeming features, including a 120Hz refresh rate screen. Here’s our review of the Surface Pro 8.
- Best Buy is one of a few retailers right now that’s offering a $50 discount on the latest Apple AirPods Pro wireless earbuds. They sell for $249 at Apple, but you can get them for $199.99, the lowest price we’ve seen yet. For something that’s half the price ($99.99), you can get Apple’s second-gen basic AirPods. Those lack active noise cancellation but are still solid all-around wireless earbuds.
Apple’s latest AirPods Pro take after the last-gen model but include swipe controls and a new H2 chip that allows for improved noise cancellation. They also come with a water-resistant charging case that offers support for Apple’s robust Find My network.
- The Apple Watch Ultra, Apple’s most rugged and capable smartwatch, received a $60 price cut (its first discount) in time for Black Friday. Best Buy is offering the 49mm wearable for $739 instead of $799. This smartwatch has both GPS and LTE connectivity as well as an Action button that gives it more functionality than other Apple Watch models.
- Best Buy is one of a few retailers that have steeply marked down the latest Google Pixel phones, including the budget-friendly Pixel 6A, the Pixel 7, and the Pixel 7 Pro. Ahead of Black Friday, they start at $299 ($250 off), $499 ($100 off), and $749 ($150 off), respectively. These are the lowest prices yet for Google’s latest unlocked phones.
- Sony’s WH-1000XM4 isn’t its newest set of over-ear noise-canceling headphones, but they’re selling at a great price at Best Buy. They cost $228 (the newer, mostly similar XM5 are $348), and that’s a bargain considering how good these headphones sound, and how effective their noise cancellation effect is.
- Meta dropped the price its Quest 2 virtual reality headset at multiple retailers, include at Best Buy. Normally $399.99 for the headset that has 128GB of storage plus a free copy of Beat Saber, it’s $50 off and comes bundled with a game code for Resident Evil 4 VR. It’s not a bad deal at all for $349.99.